Sunday, December 13, 2009

found this old journal entry from May of 2008 & wanted to share cause i have been meditating on psalm 40 all this week and i was reading it when i wrote this past entry too.

im here running the naproom at the preschool--
it can be quite stressful because.. kids do not want to take naps!
but they really need to! or else the rest of the day will be pure crabby chaos.
so amid the stress & feeling like a mean teacher making em lay down n still
(id rather just play ya kno!) i decide to open up to psalms n let the TRUTH
flood over me... and here is what i found...

"blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust,
who does not turn to the proud
to those who go astray after a lie!
you have multiplied, O Lord my God,
your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us;
none can compare with you!
I will proclaim and tell of them,
yet they are more than can be told"
-psalm 40:4-5

..i found verse 4 stunning. trusting the Lord ... the one worthy of trust.. our Rock.. and not our pride or the pride of men. really trusting in anything except the Lord is prideful... and it says prideful men have gone astray after a lie. PRIDE IS A LIE. wow. boom! there is like an explosion within me as that truth resounds in my soul. anything we do for the acceptance of men-- or anything we do so we can somehow internally accept who we are ourselves-- its a lie!! we have complete acceptance from the TRUE God-- the God who knows the depths of our being is truly in love with us and ravished by us. so... do i need anyone else to tell me who I am?!? no! None can compare to him! I want to keep that in mind as I go about my day... that none can compare to him... no compliment from man compares to serving Him... a good reputation does not compare to living for Him alone... and I cannot keep silent about my Jesus when I read that even if I proclaim and tell of His glory-- He is so wonderful there is more to say than can ever be said!!! i could talk endlessly about the goodness of God and it would only cover a freckle of his sweet mercy & love!!!! well... i just know i want to proclaim it as much as possible. cause He's worthy!

love cari



soooo i 2010 is coming. i know aroundt his time of year everyone has new years resolutions and what not... maybe it is just the time of year, but my heart is stirring like something big is going to occur. maybe not even externally, internally but manifested outwardly--- if that makes sense. i am thinking about starting a new blog for the new year or maybe just making some changes to this one. i think i will be blogging a lot more and in a different way in the new year. we'lls ee. okay tahts all.

No comments:

Post a Comment